The background check is an important part of our onboarding process to ensure the trust and safety of our Wonolo Community. Background checks are facilitated by a third-party partner, Evident.
In some cases, Evident is unable to process your background check with the information you provided. If you’re notified that you need to upload additional information to process your background check, you'll receive an email with the details below:
From name: Wonolo Background Checks
From email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Action to Complete Your Background Check (Time Sensitive)
Please search your inbox and spam folder and click on the yellow, "Begin Now" button. You’ll be prompted to upload the following:
- SSN (if applicable)
- State or government issued ID with photo (front and back of ID required). Accepted forms of ID are unexpired driver's license, social security card, military identification or unexpired passport.
- A photo of yourself to match/verify your identity
Depending on the device you are using, you can follow the steps below.
Uploading Through a Web Browser or Desktop Computer
1. When you click on the yellow, “Begin Now” button in the email, you’ll be taken to this web page
2. You’ll be asked to upload a government issued ID. Click on the “United States Identity Card” tile to begin uploading your documents.
3. You'll have two (2) options to upload your ID.
a. Upload from your files
b. Take a photo with your phone - if you choose this, you'll need to enter your mobile number. You'll receive a text message with instructions on how to complete the upload through your mobile device.
4. Depending on the information you provided during your Wonolo onboarding, you may also need to submit your SSN. To do so, please click on the “Social Security Number” tile.
5. You’ll then be prompted to upload a selfie on your computer or mobile device. We recommend taking your selfie in a well-lit location, forward-facing, and against a white background.
6. When you’ve successfully uploaded your documents, you’ll see a green check by each tile.
Important: Please make sure to click the “Submit” button after uploading your photos.
Uploading a Photo Through Mobile Device
1. If you select "Let me take a photo with my phone," you will be asked to enter your mobile number
2. You will receive a text message with a link to follow, simply click on the link on a web browser
3. You will be asked to upload the front of your ID first. Be sure your ID is on a flat surface and you're in a well-lit area!
4. You will be asked to take a photo of the back of your ID next
How do I Upload A Selfie?
After you've uploaded the front and back of your ID, you will be asked to upload a selfie. Below are the steps to complete the process.
1. You can select to take a new photo or upload one from your library
2. We recommend taking a new photo - select 'Take Photo.' Be sure to take your selfie in a well-lit location and smile!
3. Once you've snapped a photo of yourself, hit continue!
4. You will be taken to this page, hit Submit and you're all set!