In order to complete your W2 Frontline Work Onboarding, you must complete a Form I-9. Form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States, irrespective of status or nationality
Below are examples of the various documents that the worker can choose to present to show your identity and employment authorization:
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s employment eligibility process requires that employees must present, to their employer, evidence of identity and employment eligibility.
- You will need to upload 1 or 2 supporting documents and also provide those documents to your authorized representative to review.
- You can either provide one document from List A OR a combination of documents from List B and List C. See below
Lists of Acceptable Documents:
You may provide a document from List A which establishes both identity and employment eligibility or you may provide a document from List B (establishing your identity) and a document from List C (establishing your employment eligibility).
You can find all the documents for each list and what is required here.
For each document uploaded you will need to provide the following information:
- Document Title
- Issuing Authority - you can find a list of each document and their issuing authority here
- Document Number
- Expiration Date (if applicable)
Below are some examples of the most common documents:
You can see the location of where to find the required information on the document(s). To see a list of every acceptable document visit the uscis.gov page for acceptable documents
There are several US Military ID Cards and Dependent ID Cards. You can find more information on the various types of ID cards below: