In order to complete your W2 Frontline Work Onboarding, you must complete a Form I-9. The form I-9 is used for verifying the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
All U.S. employers must ensure proper completion of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States.
Please complete this form which will start your I-9 process.
Fill in all required fields and sections of the form.
1. Personal Information
Such as your name, contact information, address, DOB, Social Security Number, etc
2. Indicate Your Immigration Status
- A citizen of the United States
- A noncitizen national of the United States: An individual born in American Samoa, certain former citizens of the former Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, and certain children of noncitizen nationals born abroad.
- A lawful permanent resident: An individual who is not a U.S. citizen and who resides in the United States under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant. Employees who select this box should enter their seven to nine digit Alien Registration Number (A-Number) or USCIS Number in the space provided.
- An alien authorized to work: An individual who is not a citizen or national of the United States, or a lawful permanent resident, but is authorized to work in the United States.
3. Choose Your Documentation That Verifies Your Identity And Authorization To Work In The U.S.
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s process requires that employees must present evidence of identity and employment eligibility.
- You will need to upload 1 or 2 supporting documents from List A or List C and C (below), respectively and also provide those documents to your authorized representative to review.
- You can either provide one document from List A OR a combination of documents from List B and List C. You have the choice to provide whichever documents you wish as long as they satisfy the Form I-9 requirements.
LISTS OF ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS: You may provide a document from List A which establishes both identity and employment eligibility or you may provide a document from List B (establishing your identity) and (in conjunction with) a document from List C (establishing your employment eligibility).
For more details on what the acceptable documents are, please visit this article.
- For each document uploaded you will need to provide the following information
- Document Title
- Issuing Authority - list here
- Document Number
- Expiration Date (if applicable)
- See this help center article for examples, you can find examples of documents and the location of the required fields
4. Choose an Authorized Representative
- You must designate an Authorized Signer for Section 2 of the Form I-9.
- Anyone over the age of 18 and who is not an immediate family member can be an authorized representative.
- They will need to review your completed Section 1 of the Form I-9 which will be automatically sent to them via the email provided when you complete the form.
The authorized representative cannot complete Section 2 until they review your Section 2 documents in person with you physically present.
5. Review and Sign Section 1 of Your Form I-9
- Once you complete the form you will be sent your Form I-9 digitally with all of the fields pre-populated based off your answers. This will be sent to you from Hello Sign (our digital signing platform partner).
- Open the email and click the link - you will need to review via Hello Sign and then Sign your Form I-9 inside Hello Sign
- Hello Sign will prompt you where to sign
*Once you have completed the steps above there will be no more actions for you to complete. At this point your Authorized Representative will be notified to take action on their end. Your Authorized Representative will be prompted via email to review Section 1, your physical documents, and then complete and sign Section 2 of Form I-9 after reviewing the original documents.
6. I-9 review, verification and signature done by your Authorized Signer
- Your authorized representative will be sent an email linked to your Form I-9 via Hello Sign.
- They will need to open the email, click the link and then review and sign Section 2 of the Form I-9 only after reviewing the original documents in person with the employee present.
- They will review your uploaded Identification and Employment Eligibility documents to ensure they match your Form I-9 and that they are correct.
- They will then need to sign Section 2 of the Form I-9.
Once both parties have completed their designated actions in Hello Sign, we will review your Form I-9, update your account, and let you know that your I-9 is verified and complete.
Please ensure that you read each section carefully while filling out the form and if you have any questions, submit a request here.