As a part of the onboarding process, Wonolo will initiate a Background Check through the assistance of our third party vendor, Evident ID.
What information is needed to run a Background Check?
You must provide Evident with the following information via the Wonolo app during the onboarding process:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Additionally, you will need to review and agree to four disclosures
- A summary of your rights under the fair credit reporting act
- Disclosure regarding Background Check Investigation
- Acknowledgment and Authorization for Background Check
- State Notice Addendum
When do you run a Background Check?
1. After providing the information required for the Background Check, you will be able to log into the app to start looking for a job!
2. Once you have found a job you are qualified for, hit 'Accept' the Background Check process starts when you accept your first job.
3. If your Background Check comes back as clear or no additional information is needed, you will be able to continue with the selected job.
How long does it take for a Background Check to process?
It can take up to 72 hours to process.
If there are any issues with a pending Background Check, you will be notified by Evident.
PLEASE NOTE: You may be cancelled from the job if your Background Check is not approved before the start of your first job.
If you are removed from your first job, often the Background Check provider needs additional information from you. Please check for an email from Evident for more information, or email email@example.com.
What does the Background Check review?
With the information you provide, the Background Check will run a Social Security Number verification, global watchlist, national criminal and sex offender searches.
How can I check the status of my Background Check?
Please visit email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must pass a Background Check in order to use the Wonolo app.